Mount Cooran is located near the South Pacific Ocean in the southeast of Queensland. Mount Cooran is at an altitude of about 246m above sea level.
Mt Cooran & The Beautiful Surrounding Areas
We want your stay to be about you, and your enjoyment
We believe we are so blessed to be living in this beautiful corner of the Sunshine Coast. When considering moving north from Brisbane several years ago we did not know Cooran even existed. The moment we drove across the sweeping valleys and hills of this ‘hidden gem’ we knew this was our home. During your time with us we
will always endeavour to make every effort to provide you with quality, wholesome produce in all your meals. For example, our local butcher only sells beef that he guarantees is locally grown, grass fed and hormone and antibiotic free. This is the beef that makes it to your plate. We grow seasonal fruit and vegetables in our own garden beds and orchard and continue to increase our range and volume. Produce that we are unable to grow or produce we source
from local growers where possible. We want you to feel that your stay with us is an experience that will continue to draw you back. Enjoy a delicious cooked breakfast and other tasty meals; a bottle of quality wine with a prepared cheese platter on the patio. Relax and read a ‘bestseller’ by the pool or under a shady tree; take in the captivating views from the alfresco lounging area; or stroll through the grounds. This and so much more awaits you…
About The Area
‘The Dales’ Boutique B&B is nestled within a region rich in diversity of scenery, wildlife and activity. It also serves as a perfect base for exploring country to coast. During your stay with us you may care to consider ‘country lifestyle’ activities such as:
- Noosa Trail Network : bushwalking, mountain biking or horse riding. Trail no. 5 trail extends a short 30 metres from our western property border, south to the famous Mt Cooroora in Pomona or north to Woondum National Park and Kin Kin. The Trail Network links Pomona, Cooran, Kin Kin, and Lake MacDonald.
- Hiking: bird watching; swimming, scenic lookouts and rock pools in nearby National Parks, and State Forests including: Woondum, Amamoor, Brooyar, Imbil, Tuchekoi and Tewantin. (10-30 minutes)
- Cooran, Pomona & Cooroy: The historical Noosa Museum, Majestic Theatre, Cooroy Butter Factory Arts Centre, the Noosa Botanic Gardens, and ‘Easy Cheesy’ cheese making workshops. (5-15mins)
- The Mary Valley/Gympie Region: Canoeing, kayaking, boating and fishing on the Mary River or Lake Borumba; guided horse riding tours; steam train tours on the Mary Valley Rattler; fresh seasonal berry picking; wine tasting at the local Dingo Creek boutique winery; Gympie Heritage Trails. (15-30mins)
- Local markets: Offering a wide range of goods, products and collectables at Pomona including, Kin Kin, Cooroy, Eumundi, Yandina, Noosa and Maleny. (5-60 minutes)
- Tourist/Scenic Drives: Take a scenic drive through the picturesque Noosa Hinterland; Mary Valley/ Gympie region; Blackall Range for Mapleton, Montville and Maleny; which all form part of the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
- Cooking Schools: Highly acclaimed cooking schools including the Spirit House located in Yandina (20 minutes)
You may wish also to consider ‘coastal lifestyle’ activities which are found in area. These include:
- Beach/waterway activities including walks, swimming, windsurfing, fishing, boating, kayaking, canoeing, in areas such as the Cooloola Coast/Rainbow beach (75 mins), Noosa North Shore, Noosa, Peregian, and Sunshine beaches (30-45 mins); Lakes Weyba, Cootharaba and Cooroibah (15-30 mins), forming part of the Noosa River system and points of launch to the scenic Noosa Everglades.
- Walking, hiking, swimming, rock pools, canoeing/kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling, boating, fishing, 4 wheel driving, scenic lookouts in nearby National Parks and Marine Parks including: Cooloola recreation area, Great Sandy National Park, Great Sandy Marine Park, and Noosa National Park. (35-75 mins)
- Shopping at Noosa’s famous Hastings St, and surrounds. This location is rich with cafes, bars and restaurants. (30mins)
Escape the city... make 'The Dales' your next weekend retreat.
Country and coastal. So much to take in and explore in our beautiful region.
- Noosa Festival of Surfing- March
- Cooroy Fusion Festival – May
- Cooroora Wood and Craft Show – May
- Noosa Food and Wine – May
- Noosa long weekend cultural festival – June/July
- Pomona ‘King of the Mountain’ race to the peak of Mt Cooroora – July
- Gympie Music Muster – August
- Noosa Craft Beer Festival – August
- Noosa Jazz Festival – September
- Noosa Country Show, Pomona -September
- Noosa Triathlon- October/November